Monday, May 12, 2014

Mykonos is aMazing

Mykonos is aMazing

Let's start with the fun...

♪ ♫ I am I Don Quixote... ♫ ♪
Mykonos is home to some pretty incredible beaches: Paradise, and Super Paradise Beach.  The people are young, and the party is never ending.

Join us here in our search for Paradise Beach:


Why else do I like Mykonos?  On Mykonos, every picture you take has Facebook profile picture potential that will last you at least three weeks before you feel like you need to change it again.


Case and Point
 And there are donkeys.
In the morning, he's making waffles.

Christos Anesti!
 There is still the occasional really typical looking Greek thing.  Over here we have your orthodox church with old man sitting in front of it just to remind you that you're still in Greece.

But Mykonos has so much more that just the same Greek stuff you find on every other island.

I don't quite know how to explain it, but...





Mykonos has freedom and happiness.
Look, I'm free AND happy!  (Please ignore my work uniform.  I'm at least happy).

 And an incredible view of these windmills.
♪ ♫ the Lord of La Mancha... ♫ ♪

Sure, it's a party town.

But, you just might want to do this all day.

Go right ahead.

Especially if you look like these two.

Most people on the island are beautiful.

(This is actually one of our waitresses and a chef).



You're going to want to do this every five minutes.  And I don't blame you.
Want to see what they're taking a picture of?  Next picture.

After all, I did.
See the windmills?
 I love these windmills.
♪ ♫ And the wild winds of fortune will carry me onward wither soever they blow! ♫ ♪

I did mention in my movie trailer up above that we were searching for Paradise Beach, right?  Yes, well we did make an attempt.  Here is Jennifer looking all badass and ready to go.


 We didn't quite make it that day.  There was an unfortunate accident.

Anyway, let me distract you from footage of a jeep ride instead!  At least this way, you can see more of the topography of Mykonos, without my friends having to relive their ATV experience.


 But let's say that we did make it to Paradise beach on another day.  If we did, it probably would have looked a little something like this:

For those with families, there are plenty of other "normal" beaches.  Take Hornos for example:


If none of my above reasons have convinced you to come to Mykonos, then here is where I play my trump card.

THE STRAWBERRY CAIPIRINHA at the Castro Bar
This is the best drink in the world.
 If you didn't know already, and if the name of this bar didn't give it away, Mykonos is a safe haven and a gathering place for members of the LGBT community, and this bar might as well be the headquarters.  So, what am I doing there?  Providing eye candy of course!


No, seriously, it is the best drink in the world.  Jennifer and I were even grandfathered in to the original 9 Euro price (it went up to 10 during our season of stopping by).

And here is the man who made it!  Alex!  (Or was it Carlos?  Spiros?  No...Alex, I think).

How is my neck doing that?
 Inevitably, it will be time to leave Mykonos, (unless you decide to move there, and then congratulations to you!)  But, for the rest of us, this sad moment eventually come around.  At least for us, we got to take an amazing tender ride back to the ship during the sunset.


Watch the video and try to imagine the ocean spray.


 ^_^
Viewing sunsets from the Greek islands.  Put it on your list, NOW!

 The moral of my story: everyone needs to go to Mykonos.  On, Mykonos, everybody is a winner.

I am the winner.
Next time:  The Palace of Knossos on the island of Crete and the ancient Minoan civilization.

No comments:

Post a Comment